After all this time the 3 dirty words of Social Media still exist. Return on investment. ROI.
Daily we’re bombarded with articles challenging the validity of social media because not everyone can agree whether anyone is really making money at it…despite what the gurus and snake oil salesmen are peddling.
One of the first out of the gate to point out you may be doing this all wrong, and THIS is the way you might want to approach it so the C-suite will be happy was Olivier Blanchard and his book Social Media ROI. It came out in 2011 its methodologies still hold true today.
Olivier joins the showgram live in the studio and we cover:
- The difference between Social Media (Marketing) and Social Business.
- The need for real-world competence in corporate and agency social media roles.
- The importance of using the right KPIs and metrics when working with social channels.
- Leading with Customer Experiences (and customer service) rather than “content.”
- Cutting through Social Media bullshit once and for all (like determining “the value of a like”).
- The importance of focusing as much on customer development and retention as on customer acquisition.
Plus, Brandon’s latest cool tech tools on the way…
Off the cuff. Always on target. This is The Marketing Squadcast.
Be sure to sign up for Brandon’s “Cool Tech Tools“ he talks about each episode.
Got a topic or rant you want us to tackle? Got a guest recommendation? Have a marketing challenge keeping you up at night? Want to be a guest on our show?
Connect with us …give us something to talk about:
- Follow & tweet on twitter
- Like & chat on Facebook
- Circle & engage on Google+
- Join & discuss on LinkedIn Group
- Rate & review us on iTunes
- Send us an email
- Leave us a voicemail at 775-538-CHAT (2428)
- Leave a comment below
Thanks for listening.